The Barracks, TocalSituated on one of Australia's oldest colonial working farms, The Barracks provides boutique accommodation on a unique heritage site.
Four suites have been beautifully restored to provide elegant comforts in the same space where convicts and farmhands worked and toiled over 150 years ago.
- Each suite allows guests to enjoy the same views of sweeping hillsides and colonial buildings in air conditioned comfort. For those cool evenings, at the push of a button, a restored fireplace is available to warm the sitting room.
- The sitting room, kitchenette and bathroom are downstairs while upstairs are the sleeping quarters. Queen sized beds are in three of the suites with one suite providing two king sized single beds. Tea and coffee making facilities are available in each little kitchenette with a Nespresso machine, kettle, toaster and a bar fridge provided.A breakfast hamper consisting of fresh and wholesome breakfast foods sourced from our local area is complimentary and delivered to your suite each morning of your stay. A $10 surcharge applies to hampers catering for special dietary needs such as gluten free, dairy free, vegan etc.
- If the view from the room isn’t enough, enjoy a cup of tea outside on the verandah while watching the farm animals graze nearby. While each suite has the same floor plans (Hazell and Waggoner suites having additional windows as at the ends of The Barracks building) they have all been furnished differently.
- The Barracks are not suitable for children under the age of 13, however we do have accommodation on the Tocal College side, for families with children.
- When booking online be sure to experience a little taste of Paterson by adding a gourmet grazing box from The Paterson Pantry and a bottle of Boydell’s sparkling verdelho or shiraz to your booking.
The Barracks GalleryBoutique accommodation on a unique heritage site.
Country Homestead Luxury B&B
I spent two nights mid-week in a tastefully decorated and cosy accommodation at The Barracks. The breakfast baskets were very generous and delicious. The backdrop of the Tocal countryside and homestead was lovely. Very relaxing, and I very much enjoyed the caretaker's complimentary tour of the historic homestead.
We loved the quiet and beautiful surrounds. Steeped in history and beautifully restored this is a must do treat! From the Barracks you can visit the homestead and take a walk back in time with the audio tour around the historic site. We were greeted by sounds of birds and watched from our windows as kangaroos moved through the rural setting. Breakfast was a lovely treat, fresh fruit and local produce. Everything was clean and welcoming.
We attended a wedding at the property which was amazing and stayed in the convict accommodation... loved everything about it. The room was so clean and the beds are very comfortable which is always a plus for me. Lovely breakfast delivered on time the next morning, cannot wait to stay here again.
OLD WORLD CHARM
Stayed overnight. Staff pleasant. Local history interesting. The building has much reading material about the property and surrounds. Quiet and relaxing. Well appointed. Comfortable beds. Full of old world charm. Lovely breakfast basket included.